Prescription testosterone replacement therapy, also called androgen replacement therapy, is used to treat male hypogandism (low testosterone or “Low T”). This treatment also has been found to significantly increase the risk of heart attacks in older men, as well as younger men with pre-existing diagnosed heart disease.
Just because your testosterone products and dosage were approved by your doctor does not mean that you have no risk of heart attack. Testosterone replacement therapy has been proven to increase the risk of heart attack even though it is approved by the FDA. The treatment also is associated with increased risk for strokes, sleep apnea, deep vein thrombosis, and other health problems.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products:
- Androgel – AbbVie Pharmaceuticals
- Androderm – Actavis Inc.
- Axiron – Eli Lilly & Company
- Bio-T-Gel – BioSante Pharmaceuticals/Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Delatestryl – Sandoz Canada Inc.
- Depo-Testosterone – Pfizer Inc.
- Fortesta – Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Striant – Actient Pharmaceuticals
- Testim – Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
- Testopel – Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
The attorneys at Allen & Nolte have helped many individuals who have suffered debilitating health issues after being prescribed testosterone replacement therapy. We know the law in these types of cases, and we will fight to protect your legal rights. Contact our team for more information if you or a loved one have had a heart attack or other medical problems after being treated with testosterone products.